Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Ballad For

New song. What I call a "conduit" song, where the Universe uses me to channel something, in this case a scenario where lovers don't want to part, but know they have to. Taken from recent experience. Hung up the phone and felt like I had been told to get on my horse and go home; at least that's the line I started singing. Conduit songs are typically written, in their entirety, in one sitting. The music for this is soft and kinda minor, sung with a rasp in the voice.

Eros is the primordial Greek God of lust, beauty, love, and intercourse. Cupid is his Roman equivalent.

A Ballad For

Get on your horse and go home
You're not wanted here no more
Maybe we'll crash and burn down the road

Lay me down in the hole
Where the wasted water goes
It's your world and I can't have it

Why can't we just say no
It always ends up like this, though
One man crying, one man begging please

Just one more time, who will know
The ways that we lose control
It's happy, happy, happy all the time

Oh my God
Am I here all alone
Please don't let anybody know

Get on your horse and come back
At least tell me where you're at
Lord knows its far away from me

How does it mean more than words
And please tell me what you've heard
Hungry eyes are fixed on you and me

That's not where it's at, or you say
All this pressure to be great
Let's move to Colorado, disappear

And all these words just mean goodbye
I've been conditioned not to cry
Tell Eros he can take his arrows back

Oh my God
I am here all alone
How could you stand to let me go

No comments: